Wednesday 21 August 2019

Cross Country 2019

At 9-30 am we started walking to the cross country track. I walked with my house color mango witch is a shark in Maori. It was a long walk. When we got down there I saw my year 7 mate Lani. I was in the second race before my race begane I felt very nervous. The year 6 girls were first and then it was me and the year 6 boys second race

I was waiting at the starting line for the blocks 2 collide, BANG. 🙏 I was off. I had butterflies in my stomach the whole time. It was crazy! Everybody was giving it there all Ziggy was sick, Toby hade a blood nose and Gavin hade sore heels. Ziggy and Toby were tieing for first place, I was only just crossing the line for the first lap and I hade a massive stitch already.

I passed  Gavin at the start of the second lap. I was in 4th place I couldn't let him overtake me so I sprinted for a bit two widen the gap. Step by step, bit by bit I started gaining on Rylan in 3rd. Me and Rylan were sprinting at the end but Rylan beat me in the end.
It was a great day.






1 comment:

  1. Hola Seve
    I liked how you put some description in your writing. That was a great day because we had a lot of fun running. I was so annoyed that you beat me in the cross country. That was a really hard course to run that day. The are so parts that you need to change in your writing. I look forward to reading your next blog post.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.