Monday 2 July 2018

My New Skateboard

I'm so excited! Yesterday I got a new skateboard! My parents promised me that I could get one during our trip to America.

It was so much fun making a custom board because I could pick out all the parts. First was the deck. It's a 7.75 inch and the brand is Toy Machine. It has an American flag on it. Then I picked out the grip tape. It has a alien getting beamed up by a flying saucer. It looks like this and I love it because it's unique.

Next we picked out the trucks. I learned that the trucks couldn't be longer than the width of the deck. Afterwards we chose wheels and barrings. The wheels I picked were Spitfire brand. They have a snake on one of the wheels and look like this...

Next we got to build the board and my new friend Adam helped me do it. We put the grip tape on and I found it really funny that my mum corrected Adam on the easiest way to cut the grip tape. My mum's first job when she was 17 was to build custom skateboards. We all had a good laugh about that.

Next, we bolted the trucks onto the deck. I learned how to stuff the barrings into the wheels. Next we screwed the wheels onto the trucks. Finally we had a complete board! I've been skating on it all day, and I can't wait to show my friends.



5 comments:

  1. Please show this to Lani and Taj

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Seve... that's too cool for words! Taj is speechless!!! This post had a big group of Moana kids interested in finding out how you created your new board. Taj reckons the grip tape looks fantastic and Charlie W thinks the whole board is 'sick'. There were lots of people who looked a little green with envy ;-).
    Thanks Seve for writing so clearly the process you went through to get your new board.... we are loving your updates. Keep them coming - Koka Ngaire

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Seve
    Its Lani
    What a mean skateboard.
    The new CJ! I can't wait to see you ride it when you get back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Seve! This is an amazing looking skateboard. I would love to see it in person now you are back. It is very colourful and although I don't know much about skateboards, I have never seen wheels (trucks?) like snakes before.
    It has been awesome to read your blogs. You have written them in a very interesting and engaging way. It is a great way to keep us in touch with you and also to find about new places and activities.
    Koka Nolian

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is an excellent blog, I have ever seen. I found all the material on this blog utmost unique and well written. And, I have decided to visit it again and again. https://longboardbrand.com/best-skateboard-cruising/

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.